Simple recipe for busy people. Bake them and enjoy. Always keep ground poultry handy. While ground turkey cutlets are being prepared in the oven for 35 minutes, you can do so many other things around your kitchen or home.
Buy low fat ground turkey for healthier option. Adding minced onions and a spoon of olive oil makes cutlets juicier. Do not overcook them. Otherwise they become dry. Serve turkey cutlets with any side dish. Mashed potatoes or buckwheat are good choice.
The recipe for buckwheat cooking can be found in this post.
Turkey cutlets preparation takes 5 minutes, baking takes 35 minutes. Detailed instructions are below.
- 1 pound ground turkey (unfrozen)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- tiny pinch of pepper and/or paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil (optional, less cleanup later)
- Spray oil on the sheet or on the foil to grease it
- Set baking sheet aside
- In a deep bowl put all ingredients listed above
- Mix very well
- Make cutlets (large meatballs)
- Put meatballs on greased baking sheet
- Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil (air-tight)
- Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes
- Remove covering foil and let stand in the oven for 3-4 minutes
- Serve with your favorite side dish
One pound of ground turkey is enough to make 7 -8 medium sized cutlets (about 4 servings).