In this recipe bean sprouts replace meat. This is an ultimate vegetarian dinner.
Cook white rice in the rice cooker (for 1 cup of rice you will need 1.5 cups of water and a pinch of salt).
The recipe for the salad can be found here (spring mix twist). You can serve any salad with fresh veggies.
The recipe for a quick Asian inspired bean sprouts is below.
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil (use grapeseed oil if possible)
- 2 cups of fresh bean sprouts (mung)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger powder or freshly minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce (substitute with ½ tsp sugar)
- ½ tsp sesame oil (optional)
- Prepare stir-fry sauce by mixing soy sauce, ginger, garlic and oyster sauce (or sugar instead). Set aside.
- Wash and drain the bean sprouts
- If desired, trim the ends of the sprouts
- In a wok or heavy skillet heat the oil
- When hot, add bean sprouts and stir fry for a 1-2 minutes
- Add soy sauce mixture and sesame oil (optional)
- Stir fry briefly and serve
The recipe is adapted from chinesefood.about.com. The link to the original recipe is here.