Easy to make, healthy and delicious couscous with vegetables – bell peppers, carrots, celery, onion.
Couscous & Veggies
- 1 large carrot
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 onion, finely chopped, medium size
- ¼ cup orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1and a half cup chicken broth
- In a large skillet, saute onions in olive oil until golden, add carrots, celery, and peppers and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in couscous. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5-7 minutes. Serve immediately with chopped olives. Garnish with your favorite herb(s).