I made these today, pretty much an improvisation. I was amazed how quickly these crispy taquitos disappeared 🙂 I did not expect they will be so delicious. Will certainly make more some time this week.
Preparation is super simple. I just fried a pound of ground turkey. I am sure any ground meat will work. However, beef may take longer to cook. Chicken and Turkey are best for quicker meals.
Here are the pictures:
- 2 Tbps cooking oil
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- garlic powder and chili pepper powder (sprinkle a bit)
- ¼ cups of water
- 5 tortillas
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded marble cheese
- In a hot oil fry ground turkey stirring and breaking down while stirring
- Add salt, sprinkle cumin, garlic and chili pepper powder
- After 3 min of stirring, add water and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime heat oven to 375 F
- When turkey is warm, add beans and cheese
- Mix up well
- Take a tortilla, cut into halves if large
- Put turkey-cheese mixture on top and make a roll
- Place the taquito seam side down in a lightly greased parchment paper
- Spray or brush a little bit of oil on each taquito roll.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then broil for 2 minutes until golden in color
Additional images are here: